Thursday 18 July 2013

Throwback Thursday #91 - The Witches of Eilenanan


This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while which looks at those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves that we haven't got round to reading yet..

The Witches of Eileanan - Kate Forsyth
Publisher: Roc
In the Celtic land of Eileanan, witches and magic have been outlawed, and those caught for practicing witchcraft are put to death! It is a land ruled by an evil Queen, where sea-dwelling Fairgean stir, and children vanish in the night. But in a valley deep in the mountains, young Isabeau grows to womanhood under the guidance of an elderly witch, and must set out on a quest, carrying the last hopes of the persecuted witches.

I haven't read any traditional fantasy for a while and this book has been on my TBR pile for a long time. I like that it seems to a young girl with the hidden destiny to possibly save the land...and witches being innocent!

Are there other fantasy stories that mix up your expectations...?


2 comments:

  1. Oh the one I have on my post... Grave Mercy! I think it mixed up my expectations. ;) I like the sound of this one. Hope you get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete