Saturday 29 June 2013

Mel's Random June

Was it me or was June a very long month...? It felt like one of the slowest months and I have to confess it was another rough month with bad news seemingly coming every other day...so in order to cheer myself I'm looking at some old photos from holidays...how I want to be back there!

Chichen Itza, Mexico
So how did this impact the reading situation...?

Books
Ghost Story (Dresden Files #13) - Jim Butcher
Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson #7) - Patricia Briggs
Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12) - Charlaine Harris
Reviver - Seth Patrick
The Inheritance - Robin Hobb & Megan Lindholm

EBooks
A Discovery of Witches - Deborah Harkness
Seven Kinds of Hell (Fangborn #1) - Dana Cameron
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz - L. Frank Baum
City of Bones (Mortal Instruments #1) - Cassandra Clare
A Cursed Embrace (Weird Girls #2) - Cecy Robson
Doors - Daniel Brako
Queen of the World - Ben Hennessy (British Book Challenge)
The Wrong Girl - C.J. Archer

Novella Reviews
Spartan Frost (Mythos Academy #4.5) - Jennifer Estep

Sarah's Review
The Fury - Alexander Gordon Smith

So updating the challenges -
British Books Challenge - 20 Read


Best of the Bunch: Joint winners this month with Ghost Story and A Cursed Embrace!


Honorable Mentions: Frost Burned and Reviver are both well worth a read!



So what was your month like? :)


4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, June felt like a very long month! Hoping July is better for you ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mexico. *sigh* I wish I could go there someday.
    And fingers crossed July is less stressful! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh- I need to check out A Cursed Embrace, I've seen this around a lot lately.
    I hope July is a better month for you! xx

    ReplyDelete