Thursday 28 March 2013

Throwback Thursday #79 - A Bad Day For Sorry


This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while which looks at those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves that we haven't got round to reading yet...

A Bad Day For Sorry - Sophie Littlefield
Publisher: Minotaur Books
Stella Hardesty, our salty, unlikely heroine, runs a sewing shop in rural Missouri. She also has a side business helping battered women with their abusive boyfriends and husbands. When Chrissy Shaw asks Stella for help, it seems like a straightforward case, until Chrissy’s no-good husband disappears with her two-year-old son. Now Stella finds herself in a battle against a more formidable enemy as she risks her own life to recover the boy.

I have become a big fan of Sophie's writing in the last couple of years but her crime novels are one area I haven't yet read. Knowing her though I doubt it will be a straight forward read though! Looking forward to finding some time I can devote to this book in the near future!

What crime stories are you wanting to read soon...?


4 comments:

  1. Oh actually this sounds like a good book for my mom. She really loves crime stories even more than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to read The Doll by Taylor Stevens soon. It's coming out on 4th of June and she is amazing. You have to try her, Mel! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Love that title and sounds like a great read. I know I've had days I would love to say that. :D Hope you enjoy when you get to it.

    ReplyDelete