Saturday 30 March 2013

Mel's Random March

This has been a loooong month! Not only was I manically busy at work, but the weather has been nasty (cold - and who expects snow in London in March??!). Generally March has been a pretty rubbish month - with a couple of exceptions: one - I made it to 1000 posts on my little blog! I'm so happy to still be going after so long and happy to be part of this wonderful world. Even if I only sit in the corner occasionally and watch everyone else dancing... I'm happy with my blog. I may not get the post page views or a lot of review books but that's why I blog! :-)

And two - I didn't read a bad book throughout March! Honestly, it must be some kind of record as most of the books were strong reads and several were brilliant! My only fear is the Gods of Reading Karma will want to balance this out in some way and give me only boring books in April...

So what was I reading in March...?

Books
His Dark Lady - Victoria Lamb (British Books Challenge)
The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
The Farm - Emily McKay
Taken (Alex Verus #3) - Benedict Jacka (British Books Challenge)
Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) - Marissa Meyer
Gunmetal Magic - Ilona Andrews
Grimm Tales for Young and Old - Philip Pullman (British Book Challenge)
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) - Marissa Meyer
Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs

Ebooks
Through Dead Eyes - Chris Priestley (British Books Challenge)
Garden of Stones - Sophie Littlefield 
Black Feathers - Jospeh D'Lancey (British Book Challenge)

Novellas
Magic Gifts (Kate Daniels #5.5) - Ilona Andrews

Author Visits
Victoria Lamb: 5 Things You Never Knew About The Tudors
Marissa Meyer: Author Interview

Sarah's Reviews
The Demon Trappers: Foretold - Jana Oliver

Other Posts
The 1000th Post!
Same Book/Different Cover looked at The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook

So updating the challenges -
British Books Challenge - 10 Read

Best of the Bunch: While I read a lot of great books there was one clear winner with a perfect score from me - The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. Funny, moving and highly recommended!

Honorable Mentions: So many! Garden of Stones by Sophie LIttlefield, Cinder by Marissa Meyer and Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews were all stand outs!


So what was your month like? :)


3 comments:

  1. Wohooo! Not a single bad book :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 1000 posts- that's impressive!
    I only recently read Fault in Our Stars but I loved it- what a moving and impressive book!
    I hope the Gods of Reading Karma give you a good April as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You are way ahead of me with your 1000+ posts, Mel! I am so glad that you had a month of great reads. I love when that happens! ;)

    ReplyDelete