Thursday 29 November 2012

Throwback Thursday #72 - Grave Dance


This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while and I wanted to jump on board! Why don't you join in as well? There are plenty of books out there I desperately want...

But what about all those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves?

Grave Dance (Alex Craft #2) - Kalayna Price
Whoever said dead men tell no tales obviously never met Alex Craft.
After a month spent recovering from a vicious fight with a sorcerer, grave witch Alex Craft is ready to get back to solving murders by raising the dead. With her love life in turmoil thanks to the disappearance of Fae Investigation Bureau agent Falin Andrews and a shocking “L” word confession from Death himself, Alex is eager for the distractions of work. But her new case turns out to be a deadly challenge.
The police hire Alex to consult on a particularly strange investigation in the nature preserve south of Nekros City. The strange part: There are no corpses, only fragments of them. A serial killer is potentially on the loose, and Alex has no way to raise a shade without a body, so she’ll have to rely on the magic of others to find leads. But as she begins investigating, a creature born of the darkest magic comes after her. Someone very powerful wants to make sure the only thing she finds is a dead end—her own...

I read Alex Craft's first adventure Grave Witch back in February and rushed out to get the next two books in the series, which have done nothing but gather dust in the last ten months. There was a cool magic system, a hot Death and Alex was an intriguing character - why do other books get in the way of a series...? I hope to read this soon! What have you got on your shelves desperate to be read after months...?


5 comments:

  1. Yep. I'd have to add that first book for me tho. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got book 2 this month :D Had to buy it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaah you really need to read this one, I loved it! as the third one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. K yep, I have this on my shelf too. I think I need to plan an urban fantasy month to get through all the fab series I have gathering dust on my shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeep! I have the first book of this series on my shelf waiting for me. I dooo want to get to it, along with the 100 or so books waiting for me. lol.

    Great pick, and thank you greatly for joining in the post!

    ReplyDelete