Saturday 13 October 2012

On My Wishlist #103

This is a meme that started on Book Chick City before moving to Cosy Books and is now hosted by the wonderful Sarah at Workaday Reads. There are so many books out there that I want to read that this is the only way I can keep track!
There might be a slight theme this week - see if you can figure it out!

Death and the Girl Next Door - Darynda Jones
Publisher: St Martin's Press
Ten years ago, Lorelei's parents disappeared without a trace. Raised by her grandparents and leaning on the support of her best friends, Lorelei is finally beginning to accept the fact that her parents are never coming home. For Lorelei, life goes on. High school is not quite as painful as she thinks it will be, and things are as normal as they can be. Until the day the school's designated loner, Cameron Lusk, begins to stalk her, turning up where she least expects it, standing outside her house in the dark, night after night. Things get even more complicated when a new guy—terrifying, tough, sexy Jared Kovach—comes to school. Cameron and Jared instantly despise each other and Lorelei seems to be the reason for their animosity. What does Jared know about her parents? Why does Cameron tell Jared he can't have Lorelei? And what will any of them do when Death comes knocking for real? 

I've seen a few reviews of this about this week - and it looks awesome! I was esepcially glad to hear that its not a love triangle as it does sound like it...

Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock #5) - Faith Hunter
Publisher: Roc
 For a vampire killer like Jane, having Leo Pellisier as a boss took some getting used to. But now, someone is out to take his place as Master Vampire of the city of New Orleans, and is not afraid to go through Jane to do it. After an attack that’s tantamount to a war declaration, Leo knows his rival is both powerful and vicious, but Leo’s not about to run scared. After all, he has Jane. But then, a plague strikes, one that takes down vampires and makes their masters easy prey. Now, to uncover the identity of the vamp who wants Leo’s territory, and to find the cause of the vamp-plague, Jane will have to go to extremes…and maybe even to war.

So I'm a few books behind with this series but I still want ot get my hands on the new release!

Death's Excellent Vacation - Edited Charlaine Harris
Publisher: Gollancz
Death's Excellent Vacation: A selection of new and original tales of Paranormal R&R by some of the most popular writers in the Urban Fantasy genre

I do like some short stories occasionally and with Halloween is only a couple of weeks away...

So what are you wishing for this week? 
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Nice I didn't know the last one but now I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all sound like fun reads, especially for October. Hope you get at least one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first Jane Yellowrock book here and need to get started on that series. From the short story I read in an anthology, I would love it I think. And I'm curious about this new series by Darynda. Hope you get all these!

    ReplyDelete