Monday 3 September 2012

You Asked Me! Part 1...

To kick off my second year Blogoversary, I asked YOU to interview ME. And, boy, was I surprised at the number of questions I got, the variety and sheer inventiveness! So I’ve been able to split the questions into three sections – questions about Book & Authors, questions about Blogging and questions about Me/Random. Over the next three weeks leading up to my birthday, I will do my best to answer your questions.. Some of the questions are similar so I’ve answered them together but every person who asked a question will answered! However,  I would hate to be interviewed by any of you! J

Questions about Books & Authors

Theresa C:           If you could meet any author, (living or dead), who would you choose?   Oooo, good question! Hmmm... Mary Shelley I think. I’d love to ask her about the dinner party where she came up with the idea for Frankenstein and why she felt compelled to write his story down afterwards.

Anachronist:      What is the most important feature in a book you like?   This might sound simple, but I need the book to be easy to read! I want to forget about where I am and get lost in the story and the best way to do that is to make the writing simple and effective. That helps me get to know the characters, the world and the plot better.

Maidenveil:       What is your favorite book this year so far? / Dani N:      What's the best thing you've read in 2012 so far?   The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook – it pretty much has everything in it from romance to mystery, zombies to nanites, adventure and politics. I loved it!

Jet_BDR:              What is your favourite series of books of all time?   This is a toughie! I think it would be a tie between Kelley Armstrong’s Otherworld series as they are just so readable and Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files. The Dresden Files just get better, more complex and exciting with each book – everyone should read them!

Dovile:                 What are you currently reading?   As of this morning, I started reading Hanging By A Thread by Sophie Littlefield. I loved her Aftertime trilogy – Cassie was such a broken character and this is the first of her other books I’ve ever started. Only 5 pages in so hard to judge so far, but it’s looking promising! J

Ricki @Reading Challenged:      What is your least favorite book and why? /  April H:      What book out of the ones you have read did you dislike the most ? / Georgia B:              What is your least favourite book?   Ooo, evil questions! J I don’t tend to remember books I didn’t like – I try to forget them as soon as possible, but there was a book recently that I struggled to finish. I only finished it as it was a netgalley book  - Ninja verses Pirate Featuring Zombies. With a title like that I was intrigued, however, the story was confusing and rambling and didn’t seem to follow any logical world rules. Not one I would recommend.

Sienny:            What's the hardest book/genre you ever read/review?   I struggle to read some classics – I find the language barrier from those written in previous centuries difficult to overcome...and some of the stories just don’t appeal to me! Having said that I could never finish Lord of the Rings either – I read 150 pages and nothing had happened -  they hadn’t even left the shire! I keep meaning to try it again, but don’t have the enthusiasm for it. I’d rather watch the films!

Kelsey S:              What is your favourite book genre? / Lacey T:    What's your favourite genre?   Urban Fantasy – I love supernatural creatures in the modern world!

Stephanie W:    What's the best book you've reviewed in the last 2 years?   There have been a lot of great books, but one of the books that surprised me the most was probably Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry. Maybe my expectations were low but I thought it was a much stronger book that it first appeared!

Randi M:              If you could live in a book for a day, what book would it be?   A Travel Guide to the Italian Lakes! I always wanted to go there! J Fiction-wise though, hmm...as long as my safety was guaranteed I would love to visit Kate and Curran in Magic Slays! I would love to give Andrea a hug as well!

Braine @ Talk Supe:       What book outside your comfort zone would you like to try?   I would love to try Pride and Prejudice – it’s completely not my usual read but I know certain people out there love the story (Blodeuedd!) and I am curious to see what the fuss is all about!

Dea S:                   What's your favourite Contemporary book? :)   My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult  - it just raised so many issues about family, personal rights, how far would you go for your child. I read it long before I started blogging, so I've never reviewed it here but I love it still.

Adisty:                  If you could pick any hero from romance book, who will you choose?   I don’t read a lot of romance books, but I wouldn’t throw Curran from Ilona Andrews Kate Daniels series out of bed!

Spav:     What is the best Sci Fi book you have ever read?   I loved The Time Ships by Stephen Baxter. It’s a ‘sequel’ to HG Well’s The Time Machine. I read it over ten years ago and I still love it. I’ve not read it since then and I’m slightly afraid it won’t be as good as I remember!

Mirjam:                 If you could go on a holiday with three characters from books, which characters would you pick and why?   Kitty Norville from Carrie Vaughn’s Kitty books (as a radio talkshow host we should never be stuck for conversation!), Harry Dresden from Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files (he really deserves a holiday!) and Eli Monpress from Rachel Aaron’s Legend of Eli Monpress series (he’s an incorrigible thief and could bring some fun to any break!)

Phew! I’m exhausted after that!! Thanks for everyone who asked a question. Don’t worry if you’re isn’t about – there will more Q&A next week. And if you haven’t had a chance to check out my UF giveaway yet,stop by here.

3 comments:

  1. Great getting to know you :D Haha, that was a lot of questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going on holiday with you. That would be fun. I also wonder why people ask if you would rather spend time with an author living or dead? I mean wouldn't the living be more conversational? ;D

    Love the interview and the answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You got loads of great questions. I'd be afraid to ask for questions as I don't know if I could answer them all. lol. Great work!

    ReplyDelete