Thursday 14 June 2012

Throwback Thursdays #53 - Bright Young Things

This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while and I wanted to jump on board! There are plenty of books out there I desperately want...


But what about all those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves?

Bright Young Things - Anna Godbersen
Letty Larkspur and Cordelia Grey escaped their small Midwestern town for New York's glittering metropolis. All Letty wants is to see her name in lights, but she quickly discovers Manhattan is filled with pretty girls who will do anything to be a star. . . .
Cordelia is searching for the father she's never known, a man as infamous for his wild parties as he is for his shadowy schemes. Overnight, she enters a world more thrilling and glamorous than she ever could have imagined—and more dangerous. It's a life anyone would kill for . . . and someone will.
The only person Cordelia can trust is ­Astrid Donal, a flapper who seems to have it all: money, looks, and the love of Cordelia's brother, Charlie. But Astrid's perfect veneer hides a score of family secrets.

I picked this up on my kindle last year sometime as I thought it sounded interesting and I've not read any books set in 1920s New York. I still think it sounds interesting and I've still not read any books in 1920s New York...has anyone read it? I can't help thinking it's like a period 90210 or One Tree Hill...

3 comments:

  1. Oh I've been curious about this one as well. I am thinking I'm going to library book it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I remember seeing this one around a while ago. I do hope you get to read it and enjoy it. :) Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this free on my kindle last year too - like you I've not started it yet!

    ReplyDelete