Thursday 17 May 2012

Throwback Thursday #50 - Divergent

This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while and I wanted to jump on board! There are plenty of books out there I desperately want...

But what about all those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves?

Divergent - Veronica Roth
In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.
I know, I know - it seems like everyone has read this and adores it, but I am terrible at keeping up to date with popular books. Plus I'm always worried if the hype is just that, hype or if the book is really worth reading! So is it worth reading? :-)

4 comments:

  1. I know! I got this on in a RAK and I so need to dive into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put it that way, Mel, - it's good enough. I think world-building is severely lacking, but it's gripping and exciting enough for you to like it. Definitely worth your while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is definitely a lot of hype around this book, but it is good. It's not one of those books where you think "This could actually happen", but if you look past the unbelievability of it, it's an enjoyable read.
    You HAVE to read this, just so you know what everybody is making such a fuss about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I have this one sitting waiting for me as well. :) Hope you enjoy it when you get to it. :)

    ReplyDelete