Saturday 12 May 2012

On My Wishlist #86

This is a meme from Cosy Books. There are so many books out there that I want to read that this is the only way I can keep track! This week there are a few men I have my eye on...

Blood and Bullets - James R Tuck
Publisher: Kensington
He lives to kill monsters. He keeps his city safe. And his silver hollow-points and back-from-the-dead abilities help him take out any kind of supernatural threat. But now an immortal evil has this bad-ass bounty hunter dead in its sights. . .
Ever since a monster murdered his family, Deacon Chalk hunts any creature that preys on the innocent. So when a pretty vampire girl "hires" him to eliminate a fellow slayer, Deacon goes to warn him--and barely escapes a vampire ambush. Now he's got a way-inexperienced newbie hunter to protect and everything from bloodsuckers to cursed immortals on his trail. There's also a malevolent force controlling the living and the undead, hellbent on turning Deacon's greatest loss into the one weapon that could destroy him...

I've read a few interesting reviews of this book and quite fancy seeing what such a kick-ass looking man gets up too!

Evil Dark (Occult Crime Scenes Investigations 2) - Justin Gustainis
Publisher: Angry Robot
My name's Markowski. I carry a badge. Also, a crucifix, some wooden stakes, a big vial of holy water, and a 9mm Beretta loaded with silver bullets.
A series of seemingly motiveless murders of supernatural creatures points to a vigilante targeting the supe community. Markowski wouldn't normally have much of a problem with that, but his daughter may be next on the killer's list...

I really enjoyed Hard Spell, the first book in this series so I'm hoping to pick up this the second book soon!

Child of Fire - Harry Connelly
Publisher: Del Ray
Ray Lilly is living on borrowed time. He’s the driver for Annalise Powliss, a high-ranking member of the Twenty Palace Society, a group of sorcerers devoted to hunting down and executing rogue magicians. But because Ray betrayed her once, Annalise is looking for an excuse to kill him–or let someone else do the job.
Unfortunately for both of them, Annalise’s next mission goes wrong, leaving her critically injured. With the little magic he controls, Ray must complete her assignment alone. Not only does he have to stop a sorcerer who’s sacrificing dozens of innocent lives in exchange for supernatural power, he must find–and destroy–the source of that inhuman magic

I can't remember when I came across this but I like the sound of a magic user caught between a rock and a hard place!

So have you had you eye on any magical men recently? ;-)

 

4 comments:

  1. Blood and Bullets was fun, Mel! The other two authors I too want to try ;) The only magic man I'm planning to read about very soon is Atticus in Tricked by Kevin Hearne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover for Blood and Bullets. Hope you get to read these soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great collection of men. I have Blood and Bullets to read, and Hard Spells on my wishlist, but I've never heard of the 3rd book.

    ReplyDelete