Monday 26 December 2011

My Christmas Haul!

I had a fabulous day yesterday - did the usual of eating too much and spending ages washing up afterwards, then watching Dr Who while explaining what was happening to my dear-old Gran (who is 89!). I didn't expect any books from family (as they never know what to get me!), but some of my lovely, lovely friends did raid my wishlist for some great presents - which while not opened on Christmas day, I wanted to share with you!

Alison Hewitt Is Trapped - Madeleine Roux: 2011 seems to have been the year of the zombie! This book is all about blogging and zombies so can't wait to get started!
Bloodstone - Nancy Holzner: This is the third Vicki Vaughn book. I loved Deadtown so much and I already had Hellforged so getting this is fabulous!
Drink Deep - Chloe Neill: I love Merit!
Wolfsbane and Mistletoe - Edited Charlaine Harris: Such a seasonal anthology with some great authors in!
Hexed - Kevin Hearne & Hammered - Kevin Hearne: The Druid Chronicles has been getting rave reviews and I can't wait to have a Druid week with all three books!
Mastiff - Tamora Pierce: Last and no means least is the third Beka Cooper book. I've been Tamora Pierce books for so long - she is totally underrated as a YA writer! Go read some!

As well as all these yummy books from three fabulous friends (you know who you are!), I also received a fabulous notebook and bookmarks from two other friends...check out these goodies:
The picture doesn't show the metal bookmark that well - perhaps this picture is a little clearer...

A message for all us book bloggers!
Keep Calm & Carry on Reading

3 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely! You definitely had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Penguin notebook and it's lovely to write in, the paper is great!

    Looks like you had a great Christmas. I too got some books, I'll have to make a post about them soon ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome haul, Mel!!! I just finished Hexed, and it was brilliant! Enjoy all of them! :)

    ReplyDelete