Thursday 15 December 2011

First Frost Review

First Frost (Mythos Academy 0.5)

-       Jennifer Estep

Kindle Books

I am Gwen Frost, and I have a Gypsy gift.  It's called psychometry - that's a fancy way of saying that I see images in my head and get flashes of other people's memories off almost everything I touch, even guys.  My gift makes me kind of nosy. Okay, okay, maybe a lot nosy--to the point of obsession sometimes. I want to know everything about everyone around me. But even I don't want to know the secrets my friend Paige is hiding or the terrible loss that will send me to a new school - Mythos Academy...

This was a free kindle book at the beginning of December that I downloaded and read within an hour as it’s not very long. But it does do a good job of introducing you about Gwen, her gift and her world. Gwen’s power leads to her freaking out when she someting she really wishes didn’t and leads to big changes for her. We see Mythos Academy for the first time and start to get an idea of just how different this new school is – and a sneaky hint of Spartan, Logan who I suspect we will be getting to know better!

This is more a prologue to Touch of Frost, but it does give you the ultimate tease into the world and Jennifer Estep’s writing (which is just as good for YA audience as it is for adult series!). In fact I had to dig out Touch of Frost from my TBR pile and start reading it straight away as I just wanted to know what exactly was in store for Gwen at Mythos!

Recommended for fans of Vampire Academy and Soul Screamers. 7 out of 10

4 comments:

  1. It's a nice read, as you say, it's quickly read, but it's intereting to know a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope you have the first one ready to go. That was a huge cliffie! I did love the background. You'll see why.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knows, then again, me and YA, pnr or Uf...it seldom works. Ok it worked once and that is it

    ReplyDelete
  4. *slaps self* Ahh! I wish I had grabbed this one when it was free. I haven't read this series yet, but I keep hearing a lot of great things about it.

    ReplyDelete