Tuesday 23 August 2011

Same Book/Different Cover: Tempest Rising

This is an occasional feature I'm introducing comparing different covers of the same book...what I'm particularly interested in are re-issued covers for the same book.

This week I'm looking at Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler. This is a fun read that starts a great series. I've only read the first two books so far but in September Tempest's Legacy is released in the UK - I can't wait! :-) Anyway, onto the book cover...

US Cover - Same cover also used on original UK Cover

US Kindle Cover

New UK Cover
The Original US & UK cover is fun, cute and to me brilliant captures the tone of the book. I love the detail in the cover - from the teeth in the heart, the coffin and snake - all makes perfect sense when you know the story and when you don't I think they are intriguing. Plus is is different from any of the other Urban Fantasy books out there!

The Kindle cover is in the same vein as the original cover - but it has more of a focus on the moon and a large dog (well, that's what it looks like! You have to read the book if you want to know more!). I like it as well - although I don't like the cover's borders - far too pink and over powering.

The new UK cover - I'm not a fan. The model doesn't look like Jane to me and while there is a strong element of the sea, this isn't the biggest element of the book (most of the story is set inland!).

My verdict - the US cover is my favourite! What is yours? :)

7 comments:

  1. I am not liking the new Uk cover at all. The other ones are really cute though :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the comment above, I do not like the UK cover - I much prefer the US one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new UK cover... But I haven't read the book, so it may not depict it very well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I love the US covers. I don't mind either one since it is done by the same artist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I prefer the new UK cover but I can understand what you mean, I hate when covers are misleading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no! I didnt realise they were changing the UK cover... I love the old one! I havent got a copy yet either so I must get one before it changes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the US cover as it show so many hints to the book. :) They are adorable covers though. :)

    ReplyDelete