Thursday 19 May 2011

Throwback Thursday #9: Hunted By The Others

This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while and I wanted to jump on board! There are plenty of books out there I desperately want...

But what about all those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves?

This highlights a book I already have but just haven't got round to reading yet!

Hunted By The Others - Jess Haines
 
Shiarra Waynest's detective work was dangerous enough when her client base was strictly mortal. But ailing finances have forced her to accept a lucrative case that could save her firm if it doesn't kill her first. Shiarra has signed on to work for a high-level mage to recover an ancient artifact owned by one of New York's most powerful vampires. As soon as Shiarra meets sexy, mesmerizing vamp Alec Royce, she knows her assignment is even more complicated than she thought. With a clandestine anti-Other group trying to recruit her, and magi being eliminated, Shiarra needs back-up and enlists her ex-boyfriend a werewolf whose non-furry form is disarmingly appealing and a nerdy mage with surprising talents. But it may not be enough. In a city where the undead roam, magic rules, and even the Others aren't always what they seem, Shiarra has just become the secret weapon in a battle between good and evil whether she likes it or not...
 
I love the sound of this series, it's right up my Urban Fantasy Street - vampires, weres, detectives all yummy ingredients. I just need to start reading it...
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh all the books on my shelves, books I really wanted but never read cos they were there so I thought I have the time one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read so many books that I didn't even know existed!

    As for the Sookie Stackhouse series - I personally think Eric is the best love interest. Bill is too whiny, Quinn is bald (not my thing) and Alcide was intense and not in a good way! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be neglecting those wonderful books you already own, Mel!

    Okay, now if I could take my own advice. *sighs*

    I remember seeing this one everywhere back when it first came out.

    P.S. I love that you love vamps as much as I do. :[

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I have this book on my shelf as well! And it is one I need to read too. lol. Thank you for joining in on the fun. :)

    ReplyDelete