Thursday 12 May 2011

Throwback Thursday #8: The One Kingdom

This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while and I wanted to jump on board! There are plenty of books out there I desperately want...

But what about all those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves?
 
This highlights a book I already have but just haven't got round to reading yet!
The One Kingdom - Sean Russell
From their home in the Vale of Lakes, a group of young traders embark on a quest to make their fortune. Carrying a cargo of ancient artefacts, their journey along the River Wynnd will take them into a world both strange and terrifying. They will meet extraordinary people, witness unforgettable events and discover something that will change their lives for ever. For the world is a far more complex place than the adventurers could have imagined. In the aftermath of a terrible war, political upheaval and family rivalries threaten to plunge the land into a new dark age. The past, it seems, is far from forgotten. And the consequences of that long-ago war are by no means played out.
I won a hardback copy of this in a competition a few years ago but have not got round to reading yet because it is hardback. I hope I like it though as I've purchased the next two books in the trilogy at various points. Has anyone else read it? Is it worth struggling with a hardback book on the train?

2 comments:

  1. I'd say read it...but on a train, hardback..nah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, sorry I didn't stop before now. But with stupid blogger and the weekend... well. I'm here now. :) I've even lost comments on some of my posts. It's a shame.

    But, I have to say this one does sound amazing! I don't think I've ever heard of it before. Now you have to read it to let me know what you think! lol. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete