Thursday 5 May 2011

Throwback Thursday #7: Black Magic Woman

This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while and I wanted to jump on board! There are plenty of books out there I desperately want...

But what about all those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves?

This highlights a book I already have but just haven't got round to reading yet!

Black Magic Woman - Justin Gustainis

Occult investigator Quincey Morris and his "consultant", white witch LIbby Chastain, are hired to free a family from a deadly curse that appears to date back to the Salem witch trials. Fraught with danger, the trail finds them stalking the mysterious occult underworlds of Boston, San Francisco, New Orleans, and New York, searching out the root of the curse. After surviving a series of terrifying attempts on their lives, the two find themselves drawn inexorably towards Salem itself—the very heart of darkness.

I picked this up a couple of years ago because I liked the sound of the story and the cover. It's quite rare to have an Urban Fantasy written by a man, but the ones I have read have been excellent. All this means that I have high hopes for Black Magic Woman...if I ever get round to reading it! :-) 

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read an UF book by a man so that would be cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. black magic women what its mean is she is witch or Wicca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is a new one for me. And it sounds great! :) Now you have to get to it so you can torture us and make us want it. ;P

    Thank you so much for joining in on TBT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this one looks great. You need to read it so I know if I needs to put it on my wishlist! ;)

    ReplyDelete