Tuesday 17 May 2011

Same Book, Different Cover

This is an occasional feature I'm introducing comparing different covers of the same book...what I'm particularly interested in are re-issued covers for the same book.

First up is a favourite story of mine - Bitten by Kelley Armstrong -

Original UK Bitten Cover

Latest UK Bitten Cover


Original US Bitten Cover

Latest US Bitten Cover

So what do you think? Which do you prefer?

Personally I have a soft spot for the original UK cover - but that's probably because it's the book I first read! I also think it's a little different from most covers on the market and stands out. However, if I was browsing the book shelves today, I would probably pick up  the latest US cover though - the red colouring and the beautiful wolf in the background are right up my street and cinch it for me!

Which is your favourite?



9 comments:

  1. I like the old uk cover the best and I don't care for either of the US ones.

    I do like this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like either of the new ones. Fave is old UK cover. The new UK one is just a blue washy splodge and the new US one is a bit too in your face with the female figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both of the UK covers much more than the US ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd take the lastest US cover but honestly none really appeal to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, they are all kind of underwhelming to me, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the latest US cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the red US cover, but I do like the first UK cover. I like purple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the purple cover best. None of the others come close in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the original UK one too, and it was the one I read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer both the original covers!

    ReplyDelete