Saturday 21 May 2011

On My Wishlist #39


This is a meme from Book Chick City. There are so many books out there that I want to read that this is the only way I can keep track!
 
A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin
Publisher: UK - Voyager
Set in a fabulous world scarred by battle and catastrophe over 8000 years of recorded history, it tells of the deeds of men and women locked in the deadliest of conflicts and the terrible legacy they will leave their children. In the game of thrones, you win or you die. And in the bitter-cold, unliving lands beyond the Wall, a terrible winter gathers and the others -- the undead, the neverborn, wildlings to whom the threat of the sword is nothing -- make ready to descend on the realms of men.
 
I haven't seen the mini-series yet but for years I've been eyeing this book across the book store and as yet it hasn't seduced me...but I think I will cave soon!
 
Daughter of the Blood - Anne Bishop
Publisher: Roc
The Dark Kingdom is preparing itself for the fulfillment of an ancient prophecy the arrival of a new Queen, a Witch who will wield more power than even the High Lord of Hell himself. But this new ruler is young, and very susceptible to influence and corruption; whoever controls her controls the Darkness. And now, three sworn enemies begin a ruthless game of politics and intrigue, magic and betrayal...and the destiny of an entire world is at stake.... 
 
Another series I've been been eyeing up but not taken the chance with yet...I've heard a lot of good things though and this does sound like the sort of fantasy I really enjoy.
 
The Black Prism - Brent Weeks
Publisher: UK - Orbit 
Gavin Guile is the Prism, the most powerful man in the world. He is high priest and emperor, a man whose power, wit and charm are all that preserve a tenuous peace. But Prisms never last, and Guile knows exactly how long he has left to live: five years to achieve five impossible goals. But when Guile discovers he has a son, born in a far kingdom after the war that put him in power, he must decide how much he's willing to pay to protect a secret that could tear his world apart.
 
I loved Brent Weeks Night Angel Trilogy so I'm looking forward to this book - the first of a new trilogy.
 
So what are you wishing for this week? :)
 
 

12 comments:

  1. I've been watching A Game of Thrones on TV it's excellent and I ended up buying the book but I haven't even opened it yet, its just sitting on my enormous TBR pile.

    My wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh some fabulous books here. Brent Weeks seems like an author I need to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daughter of the Blood is on my wish list too :-)
    I've also been curious about the Game of Thrones as well. Hope you get them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive been watching a game of thrones and its really made me want to read the book too! Some great books, I hope you get them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen so many good reviews of Game of Thrones, it has been on my TBR list for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm interested in reading Game of Thrones at some point as well. And I think that The Black Prism sounds really interesting...adding it to my wishlist right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices. I do want to see GoT's HBO version to compare (Especially with Jason in it! rawr), but I don't have HBO! *sobs* I still want to read the books. I love all your picks this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have A Game of Thrones, but I've not gotten around to reading it yet. Ever since that woman reviewed the series for the NY Times and pretty much insulted everyone woman who loves fantasy, I've been dying to read it!

    Here's my wishlist: http://aturnofpage.blogspot.com/2011/05/on-my-wishlist-no-3.html. Have a lovely Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Black prism was cool :) And I do feel like giving good old blood and sex loving Martin another go

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally need to read Game of Thrones! Especially after loving the show so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Game of Thrones is on my wishlist too, can't wait to read that one. I'll watch the mini-series only after reading it first.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read A Game of Thrones but it wasn't my cup of tea. I know its very popular especially now with the series. I hope you enjoy it.

    This week I actually crossed more wishes off my list than I added. Come see what I've read.

    ReplyDelete