Saturday 2 April 2011

On My Wishlist #32

This is a meme from Book Chick City. There are so many books out there that I want to read that this is the only way I can keep track! This week I'm looking for br-ains...

Rot & Ruin - Jonathan Maberry
Publisher: UK- Simon and Schuster Children's Books
Nearly fourteen years ago a freak virus swept across the world turning those infected from the living into the undead. Benny Imura has grown-up never knowing anything different; his last memories of his parents tainted by the image of them becoming zombies. Now Benny is fifteen, and his brother Tom wants him to join the "family business" and train as a zombie killer. The last thing Benny wants is to work with Tom --- but at least the job should be an easy ride. Then the brothers head into the Rot and Ruin, an area full of wandering zombies, and Benny realises that being a bounty hunter isn't just about whacking zombies. As he's confronted with the truths about the world around him, Benny finds his beliefs challenged and makes the most terrifying discovery of all, that sometimes the worst monsters you can imagine, are human...

The cover of this is very creepy and I love post-zombie apocalypse novels...as you might notice with all my selections this week!

Alison Hewitt Is Trapped - Madeleine Roux
Publisher: UK - Headline
Allison Hewitt is trapped. In the storeroom of Brookes & Peabody's. In a world swarming with the Dead, the Doomed, the Infected.
Locked away with an oddball collection of colleagues and under siege, Allison takes advantage of a surviving internet connection and blogs. She writes, as the food runs out and panic sets in, as relationships develop and friends die, and as zombies claw at the door, all in the hope of connecting with other survivors out there. But as she reads the replies to her posts, Allison begins to comprehend the horrifying scale of the damage. And when no one comes to the group's rescue, they are forced to leave the safety of their room and risk a journey across the city; streets that crawl with zombies, and worse - fellow humans competing for survival.
  

This looks like a lot of fun - kinda like if Shaun of the Dead was trapped at work rather than in the pub!

Deadline (Newsflesh 2) - Mira Grant
Publisher: UK - Orbit (June 2011)
Shaun Mason is a man without a mission. Not even running the news organisation he built with his sister has the same urgency as it used to. Playing with dead things just doesn't seem as fun when you've lost as much as he has. But when a researcher from the Centre for Disease Control fakes her own death and appears on his doorstep with a ravenous pack of zombies in tow, Shaun's relieved to find a new purpose in life. Because this researcher comes bearing news: the monster who attacked them may be destroyed, but the conspiracy is far from dead. Now, Shaun hits the road to find what truth can be found at the end of a shotgun.

Feed was one of my favourite books of 2010 so I've been waiting for this to come out - it still won't be available for a couple of months but I can't wait!

So what are you wishing for this week? :)

5 comments:

  1. I'll take ANY book that has zombies in it...zombies are goooooood~!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I am surprised, Rot and Ruin sounds really good, though maybe not too surprised as I just broke down and purchased Allison Hewitt yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Rot and Ruin at Borders yesterday and almost picked it up but then would have had to spend more money finding the other book right away, lol - it's the second in a series (I think it's the second and not the first..it's part of a series anyway). I think someone last week had it on their wishlist and said it was a really good one, so you have wonderful taste in zombies. :D

    Hope you get to read these soon!

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I'm with you on Rot an Ruin. Me want too! Alison Hewitt Is Trapped also sounds interesting. I haven't read Feed yet, but I do want as well! :) Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Rot and Ruin isn't already on my wishlist, it should be. This week's featured wish is about washing dishes Come see why I added it.

    ReplyDelete