Thursday 17 March 2011

Throwback Thursday #1

This is a great feature that Melissa at My World...in words and pictures has been doing for a while and I wanted to jump on board! There are plenty of books out there I desperately want...

But what about all those wonderful books that are ALREADY on my shelves?
 
This highlights a book I already have but just haven't got round to reading yet!
 
The Better Part of Darkness - Kelly Gay

 
I picked this up when it was first released, because it seemed intriguing, but it has never worked it's way to the top of the TBR. Now there's a sequel out that is garnering great reviews I really want to catch up! :)
When the doorways to two alternate dimensions, dimensions that mankind has come to know as "heaven" and "hell" for lack of better names, become permanently open in the city of Atlanta, the Atlanta Police Department finds itself needing to restructure. Creating a separate division, the Integration Task Force, to deal with the new element of chaos introduced into the city Charlie Madigan is one of these new cops. She's a complicated woman, a single mom, a cop and a demon hunter. She's also recently died and risen from the dead, something that nobody seems to be able to explain to her. To make her life more complicated, her ex-husband, who inadvertently caused her death, is back in her life and she's not entirely sure she wants him to go away again. When Atlanta falls under the terrifying shadow of Afterglow, a drug of otherworldly origins, Charlie takes it upon herself to find its source and a possible antidote stop it in its track even as heaven and hell itself stand in her way.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mel. I really enjoyed this one as well. It really is great world and amazing action with a wonderful story. :) I think when you get to it you definitely will enjoy it. :)

    And so glad you joined in. :) Thank you!

    I have a friend working to make a header for it, so as soon as I have one, I will let you know. :) Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooo great feature!! I have sooo many still to read!! Ive not heard of this one! :)

    ReplyDelete