Saturday 15 January 2011

On My Wishlist #21

This is a meme from Book Chick City. There are so many books out there that I want to read that this is the only way I can keep track! So this week there is only a loose link between the books I desperately wish the bank manager would allow me to buy - they're all the next book in a series I'm reading that I want!

The Spirit Eater (The Legend of Eli Monpress 3) - Rachel Aaron
Publisher: UK - Orbit
With the pressure on after his success in Gaol, Eli Monpress, professional thief and degenerate, decides it's time to lie low for a bit. Taking up residence in a tiny seaside village, Eli and his companions seize the chance for some fun and relaxation. Nico, however, is finding it a bit hard. Plagued by a demon's voice in her head and feeling powerless, she only sees herself as a burden. Everyone's holiday comes to an untimely close, though, when Pele arrives to beg Eli's help for finding her missing father. But there are larger plans afoot than even Eli can see, and the real danger, and the solution, may lie with one of his own and her forgotten past. If only Nico could remember whose side she's on.

I've just finished The Spirit Thief and loved it. The second book of the series, The Spirit Rebellion is sitting on my TBR just calling out to me to pick it up, so when I give in I'd love to have this, the third in a five part series ready for me! The Spirit Thief was such good fun.

Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock 3) - Faith Hunter
Publisher: US - ROC
Things are heating up in the Big Easy. Weres have announced their existence tot he world, and revived the bitter tensions that run between them and their old enemies: vampires. As a trusted employee of Leo Pellissier, Blood Master of the City, Jane finds herself caught in the cross fire.
When Jane is attacked by a pack of marauding were-wolves, she is thankful for the help of a mysterious stranger named Girrard. He explains that he used to be Leo’s “Mercy Blade,” a sacred position charged with killing vampires who have gone insane. What Jane doesn’t know is why this powerful assassin left New Orleans − or, more troubling, why he’s now returned. It’s definitely not to make Jane’s life easier...

I really enjoyed the first two Jane Yellowrock books so Mercy Blade is one I'm hoping pick up as soon as possible - it was only released a week ago. As a shifter Jane is different from most of the other UF heroines out there and that makes me want to follow her story!

The Dragon Queens (Mystique Trilogy 2) - Traci Harding
Publisher: Australia - Voyager
For millenia, the Gene of Isis has been passed from mother to daughter...
Ashlee Devere, 19th century clairvoyant, adventurer and historian is called upon by the Sangreal Knighthood to authenticate a Sumerian text taken from an archaeological dig. This text predates the Old Testament ... and the Genesis story it tells is radically different from any other.
Tamar, daughter of the renowned 21st century linguist, Mia Montrose, is going through a crisis. While reading Ashlee's diaries for the first time Tamar is contacted by a powerful goddess - and endures an astoundingly rapid transformation of her psychic abilities and physical appearance.
Kali is one of the keepers of the lost key to the gateway between our world and the next and is coming to clear a pathway to Tamar's destiny ...
From the pyramids of ancient Egypt to the Halls of Amenti, from myth to science, from the dawn of time to the near future, there are those who will do anything to protect the secrets of the gods.

I love Traci Harding's Ancient Future series so I really want to read this trilogy as well. I have the first book and the third but this one keeps aluding me...why is such a good author not published in the UK?

So what are you wishing for this week?

10 comments:

  1. All three of these I haven't heard of before but all sound so good - here goes my list I really need to hit the lottery lol.

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of these books before and what a scary cover the Spirit Eater has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mercy Blade sounds great! Hope you get these soon!


    On my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have all the The Legend of Eli Monpress books on my shelf, just haven't read them yet, they do sound good. Want to read the Jane Yellowrock books too. Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I see that cover for The Spirit Eater, it reminds me of Jennifer Love Hewitt!! Hope you get to read these soon. Here's what I've go on my wishlist this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Book Vixen - I hadn't noticed teh Jennifer Love Hewitt resemblance till you pointed it out but I can totally see a ghost whisper resemblance now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I agree wtih The Book Vixen...that is quite a likeness of Jennifer Love Hewitt. I hope you get your books soon and they are everything you hope them to be. Wanna see what is On My Wishlist?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice wishlist! Mercy Blade is on my radar too!

    Have a great weekend.

    Here's mine: As the Pages Turn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm so with you. Me want too! I'm behind on my Mercy books, but I so want them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the Faith Hunter series sounds awesome. I'm gonna have to check it out myself!

    ReplyDelete