Friday 17 December 2010

Book Blogger Hop #12

 

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books  and is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! I love taking part in the hop as I get to know more about other bloggers out there and to find a few new ones!

  

This week's question is -

 

What do you consider the most important in a story: the plot or the characters?

 

The best books have a combination of both - where the characters drive the plot and the plot informs the characters. Generally though if the plot is good enough I can forgive lack of characterisation lost in the details of the story and caught up in the world and action. However, if the plot doesn't make sense I find it hard to get lost in the characters and I tend to get bored quicker. But having both helps so much! :)

 

Which do you prefer?

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I think both are very important! Without one or the other, books tend to be duds for me.

    Happy Friday, Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I think both are important too. :) I guess all Mels think alike. :D

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might be the best Book Blogger Hop question I've seen to date.

    So what's the answer? Plot! Hop over to my blog and let me tell you how a good plot rescued bad characters from bad book oblivion.

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just asked my Mother in Law and she says a bit of both but leans towards plot.

    My Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete