Sunday 7 November 2010

My Book Haul/In My Mail Box

This is a weekly meme started by Story Siren where bloggers can share what goodies they've picked up this week - If you get a chance head over to The Story Siren and check out what everyone is up to!

I've been trying to be good recently - firstly as I've been busy decorating my new flat and secondly as I have 80 books waiting to be read so in theory I shouldn't be buying any new books. (I say in theory as I'll always be tempted by any special offers and I have some book tokens waiting to be use!). The past two weeks I've been very good and haven't bought anything...but I have recieved a couple of nice suprises in the post!

This is a book I won from Jackie at Literary Escapism and looks like a lovely fun romantic read -

Serpent Moon - CT Adams & Cathy Clamp
Eric Thompson’s wolf howl can ruin electronics and send aircraft tumbling from the sky.  Considered dangerous even by his fellow Sazi, Eric has become a lone wolf, living in self-imposed isolation.  Yet when the very foundations of Sazi life come under attack, Eric knows he must defend his fellow shapeshifters at any cost.

Attacked by a band of vicious Sazi, Holly Sanchez should have died.  Instead, she survives, emerging as a powerful Sazi healer. Sent to return Eric to the Sazi world he rejected, Holly finds herself by his side as the lone wolf tracks the monster that is killing the Sazi.  Holly soon realizes she must make a choice—between a Sazi life with Eric, and life as a “normal” human being.  But first, she must survive long enough to make that choice—and she must save her people, and the world, from evil.


And my lovely, lovely friend sent me a book to cheer me up when the boiler at my new place packed in last weekend. It turned up on Thursday, which turned out to be a great day with an unexpected book and my first Eggnog latte of the season!

The Cardinal's Blades - Pierre Pevel

Paris, 1633. Louis XIII reigns over France . . . and Cardinal Richelieu governs the country. One of the most dangerous and most powerful men in Europe, Richelieu keeps a constant, sharp eye on the enemies of the Crown to avoid their assassination attempts, thwart their spies and avert their warmongering. But he's up against people who will stop at nothing to achieve their goals, even going so far as to forge alliances with France's oldest and deadliest enemies. Spain, and the Court of Dragons. The nobility keep tiny dragonnets as pets; royal couriers ride tame wyverns, and lethal man-shaped scaled dracs ropam the country. But the power rising from the Court of Dragons is anything but mundane; the Black Claw sect draws on dragons as they once were: ancient, terrible, utterly merciless . . . and poised to move against France. Faced with the growing threat from Spain, Richelieu summons Captain la Fargue, an exceptional swordsman, devoted officer and brilliant leader. If he's to turn aside the Black Claw's schemes, La Fargue and his legenday company of swashbucklers and rogues must be persuaded to once again risk their lives, fortunes and reputations for Richelieu, and for France. It's the biggest challenge yet for The Cardinal's Blades - and they'll need to be sharp . . .

So that's what I've received this week - what have you recieved this week? :)

3 comments:

  1. Neither had I! Good to try something new occasionally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of The Cardinal's Blades but it has now joined my Wishing list, enjoy your reads Mel...

    My books this week

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete