Friday 26 November 2010

Book Blogger Hop #9

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books  and is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word!This week's question is -

"What is your favorite book cover?"


One of the things I love about the Book Blogger Hop is not only do I get the chance to explore and visit some fab blogs, but it also gets me thinking each week. And this week, I'm not sure how to answer! I love the British covers of Kelley Armstrong but the story helps me love the book so much I don't know if it's my absolutely favourite cover... 

 

Having explored my book case for a while, I think my favourite covers are the UK versions of Jim Butcher's Codex Alera. I started reading this series with the US covers, but I was so annoyed when they were finally published over here with beautiful covers, but I already had the US versions! So frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I was really happy with the US covers - there's nothing wrong with them at all, but I love the British version. It has such great colours and re-enforced the Roman theme with centurion elements plus the runes with various elements looks so cool. I want them!

What do you think? Do you agree?


 

 


1 comment:

  1. I love stumbling across these - I've never seen the UK cover for either book.

    All too often I find the US book covers lacking compared to the UK editions. Steven Erickson's books are a prime example. The UK covers are very dark and minimalist, mostly silhouettes with elegant lettering. By comparison, the US covers are almost cartoonish, with lots of colour, and so much going on the eye doesn't know where to look. I'll take the UK covers any day!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete