Saturday 4 September 2010

On My Wish List #3


This is a meme from Book Chick City. There are so many books out there that I want to read that this is the only way I keep track!

Tracking The Tempest (Jane True 2) - Nicole Peeler
Publisher: UK - Orbit (August 2010)
 
Jane True has almost come to terms with her supernatural heritage ...almost. Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and Ryu - Jane's bloodsucking boyfriend - can't let a major holiday go by without getting all gratuitous. An overwhelming dose of boyfriend interference and a last-minute ticket to Boston later, and Jane's life is thrown off course. Ryu's well-intentioned plans create mayhem, and Jane winds up embroiled in an investigation involving a spree of gruesome killings. All the evidence points towards another Halfling, much to Jane's surprise ...
 
I really enjoyed the first Jane True book (Tempest Rising) and I'm excited about another adventure with her.
 
Stealing Fire - Jo Graham
Publisher: Orbit (May 2010)
 
Alexander the Great is dead, and his empire – the largest the world has ever known – is already being splintered amongst rival factions. The King’s only legitimate heir is not yet born, and so Alexander’s generals and advisers are all seeking power for themselves. Lydias of Miletus, a former stable boy who became one of Alexander’s Companions, joins with Ptolemy, one of Alexander’s generals who has claimed Egypt for himself. But Egypt is restless – Alexander was Pharaoh, and without the proper funerary rights, the god Horus remains encased in the body, and the dark spirits of Egypt are no longer bound from working their evil. Lydias thinks of himself as a common soldier, but he must realize his uncommon destiny if he is to protect the fate of Egypt, and that of Alexandria: the newly-built city that was to be Alexander’s greatest legacy.
 
I really enjoyed the historical aspect of Jo Graham's books Black Ships and Hand of Isis and this book based on Alexander the Great legacy intrigues me. I don't know much about that period of history, but look forward to spend some time there!

Hell Fire (Corine Solomon) - Ann Aguirre
Publisher: UK - Gollancz

As a handler, Corine Solomon can touch any object and know its history. Its too bad she cant seem to forget her own. With her ex-boyfriend Chance in tow - lending his particularly supernatural brand of luck - Corine journeys back home to Kilmer, Georgia, in order to discover the truth behind her mothers death and the origins of her gift. But while trying to uncover the secrets in her past, Corine and Chance find that something is rotten in the state of Georgia. Just a few miles away, no one seems to know Kilmer exists. And inside the town borders there are signs of a dark curse affecting the town and all its residents - and it can only be satisfied with death . . .

Having just finished the first Corine Solomon book - Blue Diablo (reviewed on Monday) I want to carry on and find out more about Corine & her ex, Chance and the circumstances around her mothers death. In fact this may be purchased this weekend!

11 comments:

  1. I love the sound of Stealing Fire. For some reason, a book w/ epical and historical feels can easily catch my interest and this one surely have a little of both.

    Hope that you'll get the chance to read all these books. Until later, have a great weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up Tracking the Tempest...guess I'd better get reading the first book! HAHA! Great wishlist! Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2010/09/on-my-wishlist-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the covers of the "Tracking the Tempest" series. My wishlist is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracking the Tempest looks great! The cover is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracking the Tempest looks like such a fun read. Great wishlist! :)

    xx,
    E.J
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I haven't read the Tempest series yet but I've read good things about it. Hope you get all these added to your collection soon!

    Here's my wishlist for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These do sound intriguing...enjoy!

    Here's mine:

    http://chasingstardust.wordpress.com/2010/09/04/on-my-wishlist-september-4/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another Ann Aguirre convert, hope you get book 2 and enjoy as much as Blue Diablo!

    My Wish List at Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories today has 4 older books

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read Tempest Rising, I've heard such good things about it and the Corine Solomn series sounds great too. Hope you're able to get these soon! My wishlist is here: http://triciareads.blogspot.com/2010/09/on-my-wishlist-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool Hellfire cover ...I hope that you get your books. Here's what is On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you get your books! I think I'm going to add Hell Fire to mine.

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete