Sunday 19 September 2010

My Book Haul/In My Mailbox

Being new to the Blogging universe and learning more each day, I recently discovered that The Story Siren hosts a weekly meme where bloggers can share what goodies they've purchased/received this week - which is pretty much what I've been doing My Book Haul posts. So I've decided to join in. If you get a chance head over to The Story Siren and check out what everyone is up to!

I've had a bit of a bumper week this week as I gave into temptation on Amazon and purchased 4 books from my wishlist - most of them sequels of continuations of books I've read recently!

Raven's Strike - Patricia Briggs (Ace Fantasy)
I read the first in the duology Raven's Shadow a little while ago (read my review here) and there were enough loose ends that I wanted to pick this up pretty much straight away.

The Mage In Black (Sabina Kane 2) - Jaye Wells (Orbit)
I enjoyed Red-Headed Stepchild, the first Sabina Kane book  with reservation and it happened to be the first book I reviewed when I relaunched this blog in August (read my review here), so I want to see how the story progresses.

The Enchantment Emporium - Tanya Huff (Daw Fantasy)
This is the only book I bought that isn't a second in the series, but it's Tanya Huff and love her Keeper trilogy and Blood Series so I'm really looking forward to reading this!

Hell Fire (Corine Solomon 2) - Ann Aguirre (Gollancz)
Another sequel, this time to Blue Diablo, a book that left me wanting to know more (reviewed here) - and now I get to find out! :)

The final book I received this week is another gift from Dr KL - a birthday present a week early but much appreciated! (Thank you!)

Tracking The Tempest (Jane True 2) - Nicole Peeler (Orbit)
I had this on my wishlist since I read the first Jane True Book, Tempest Rising. The first book was less urban fantasy and more rural fantasy with some great characters and a lead character who is a little different.

So what do you think of my haul? What do you think I should read first? Have you read anything recently? Let me know! :)

9 comments:

  1. I personally thought you should read: Tracking The Tempest (Jane True 2) - Nicole Peeler since I bought it for you :-).

    Blame amazon for the early delivery! I hope they wrapped it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hard choice which to read first as love Briggs, Huff and Aguirre equally so since have the book but not read it either choose Wells or Peeler since b-day present! Enjoy your books...

    My Mailbox Overfloweth with goodies today

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris - It came beautifully wrapped in red paper with a happy birthday label attached...it didn't stay beautifully wrapped for long though! :-)

    Jackie - it's always the most difficult decision, what to read next? I love that sort of dilema!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some awesome books there and I want to check them out more. I love Patricia Briggs but haven't read the title you got. Happy reading :)

    Here's my mailbox for the week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by! You got a great haul of books this week! I can't wait to read my Jaye Wells book now! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naughty, naughty Mel, you're gonna have to curb that habit soon :-) Although I could borrow these off you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to turn my flat into a library! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great reads! I love Patricia Briggs... enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete