Wednesday 15 September 2010

My Book Haul

This week I've bought two books and received one as a gift.

First up the purchased books -
The Vampire Diaries 6: Shadow Souls - L.J. Smith (Hodder Children's Books)
I read the original 4 Vampire Diaries as a teenager and loved them. With the latest interest in the series thanks to the Twilight craze, I re-read them all recently as well as the first of a new trilogy, Nightfall and I was sooo disappointed. I didn't rush out and buy this book because I really struggled with Nightfall and it tarred much of my fond memories of the original books. However, I came across it in a charity shop and thought I'll give LJ Smith a chance to make it up to me. Hope I'm not disappointed...

The Book of Tomorrow - Cecelia Ahern (Harper)
Cecelia is always an interesting read as she usually combines chick-lit with something a little different if not completely fantastical! Looking forward to trying this book.

This is the book I received as a gift from my lovely friend Dr KL - great friends always know which books you'll love!

Spy Glass (Opal Cowan 3) - Maria V Snyder (Mira)
This is the book I received as a gift from my lovely friend Dr KL - great friends always know which books you'll love! I loved the study series but due to my inability to start trilogies until all books have been released I've been sitting on the Opal Cowan books for the last 18 months. Now the last one has arrived - expect me to read all three soon! 

What have you bought recently? :)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read Spy Glass - about time you caught up with me Mel, the first two books were excellent. I want a Kade for myself!!!!

    ReplyDelete