Friday 17 September 2010

Book Blogger Hop

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books  and is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! 

This weeks question: In honor of Book Blogger Appreciation Week, let's take time this week to honor our favorite book bloggers and why we love them!

Wow - what  big question for my first time on the blogger hop! I have a huge list of favourite blogs (just have a look at my Blog Roll Call on the right to check them out), but I guess I have to highlight one or two lesser known ones here...

My first would have to be Graeme's Fantasy Book Review because it was the first blog I ever discovered. Graeme is a lovely guy - even to someone who lurked on his blog for so long before becoming a follower! What first appealed to me was the fact that he was another British book read and I could sympathise with him for a long commute to work in the morning which gives plenty of time to read! While our tastes in books can be quite different, I have discovered some cool books through his blog. He is a self confessed zombie nut and finally after reading his zombie reviews for so long, I cracked and read a zombie book recently - Feed by Mira Grant   and I loved it! It was my first 10 out of 10 read for my blog so I admit that Graeme has been a huge influence on me. Check it out!

My next would be Kay from Dead Book Darling which first attracted me with her banner being similar to the Kelley Armstrong The Darkest Power series book covers! I love Kelley Armstrong books and knew I had to read DBD in detail. Kay's reviews are always insightful and not too long (I get bored with some of the long reviews!) and her taste in Urban Fantasy is fantastic!

I wish could mention all the other blogs I check each in more detail - Book Chick City, Floor To Ceiling Books, Literary Escapism and a hundred others but I'll keep it short and sweet for my first time! :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower.

    If you love giveaways like I do then stop by my blog and check out my new giveaway linky:
    Got Great Giveaways?
    Have a great weekend!
    ~Inspired Kathy
    I Am A Reader, Not a Writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by on the Hop. Happy Friday!

    http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/09/friday-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's SOOO hard to pick favorite book blogs. I have hundreds! I haven't heard of most of your favorites, though, so I'm going to get hopping and check them out. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there *waves*,

    Just making my round via hop. I love checking out new blogs and visiting old ones becuase everyone has unique content! This week I'm trying to reach 325 followers and for every follower I get this week they will get one too!!! So hop one over!

    Take Care,
    Badass Bookie (Lisa)xx
    http://badassbookie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping by to visit and follow! I definitely want to read Feed now, after hearing it so highly praised. :-)

    -Tiger

    http://tigersallconsumingbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete